Wednesday 29 August 2012

So track number three in my initial inspirations and then I'll give it a break for today.  By the way I'm hoping that track by track, along with the blog title (in my mind, by the way, the reference is to Bass-o-matic, not Gershwin) the theme I'm going for here will make itself clear, without me having to get all ponderous and wordy.  At least for now I want to let the music speak for itself.  So, track three is 'Hot Music' by Soho, which I first heard at Tief at Corsica Studios back in April, an amazing dancefloor moment in Medlar's set (<-soundcloud download of a promo version) when the song, crowd, lights and everything totally came together.  In all likelihood it had a lot to do with the back room being chock full of people seeking refuge from the slightly relentless main room Morgan Geist set, but when this came on everyone seemed to be suddenly re-energised and with the coloured lights it felt like being transported to the Dance Energy studio circa 1990! - perfect really, especially when you notice the link between the band Soho (<- their own site, full of loads of music history) and 90s cheese - they're actually the same guys responsible for the classic Smiths-sampling track 'Hippy Chick'...

No comments:

Post a Comment